Transformation can be progressive. Growth takes time.
Simon the wizard (Acts 8:9-24) believed in the message that Philip preached about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ and got baptized. However, when Simon saw that Peter and John laid hands on the new believers in Samaria and they received the Holy Spirit, “he offered them money and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”
This is a sorcerer-turned-believer, already baptized, yet offered Peter and John money to have the same power.
Nuggets About Transformation
1. You can believe in Jesus Christ and misunderstand many kingdom principles.
2. When we lead people to Christ, let us invest in their development and growth in the kingdom. It is a process. Don’t leave them hanging to fall back to old ways.
3. The power of the Holy Spirit cannot be bought.
4. “Peter and John” – – they went as a team.
You cannot do it all by yourself. Some territories require another man or woman of God to go with you to carry out the assignment.
ONE MISSION. CHRIST REVEALED. CHRIST RECEIVED. UNDERSTAND YOUR MANDATE AND IMPLEMENT EFFECTIVELY.
5. Some are assigned to believers in specific locations; not just those who don’t know Christ.
We would love to hear from you. Have you experienced a situation similar to Philip or Peter and John? Comment below.