The Holy Spirit placed these questions in my heart this morning:
- Why do ministries compete with each other?
- Why are church leaders afraid of new churches starting in their areas?
- Isn’t it wonderful to know that another army has risen to join the work to set the captives free? Shouldn’t there be support?
- Why are some church leaders not genuine with each other?
- Why is there criticism and back-biting among church leaders?
In all this comparing and grading and competing,
they quite miss the point – 2 Corinthians 10:12 MSG
This is a reality and it is sad. I believe it should be a collaboration with one mission. The focus should be on Jesus Christ and the Gospel. Teach the Word. Preach the Word. Obey the Lord. When the focus shifts to something else, there’s big trouble.
What are your two cents on these issues? Why is the church fighting with each other? Why is there competition in the church? What is happening to the body of Christ?
Image credit: stuartbarr