- How do you sleep through the storm or soundly in the midst of chaos?
- How do you sleep peacefully when the odds are against you?
- How do you sleep without stress when you have to undergo a medical procedure that scares you so much you don’t even want to think about it?
- How do you sleep like a baby when man is about to decide your fate?
- How do you sleep easily when evil forces are against you, determined to steal, kill and destroy?
“…Peter slept like a baby” (Acts 12:6)
Peter was bound and under heavy guard in prison but something happened in captivity as his fate was about to be decided by man, Herod.
Peter was surrounded by “four squads of four soldiers each.” That means, the possibility of any escape was virtually impossible. He was under very tight security. Why was it possible for Peter to sleep soundly the night before his trial? Besides, Herod had already killed James! That’s enough to freak him out.
The church was earnestly praying for him.
Are you in a storm right now? Are you going through some unspeakable things? Are you in a desperate situation? Let the church pray for you.
There is peace when believers pray earnestly. There is power in corporate prayer. In Peter’s situation, a sudden rescue happened. “Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared..and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists.”
Lessons for the body of Christ
- As an individual, commit to prayer. Connect with a Bible-believing church to pray for you.
- As a church group or body of believers, pray earnestly for the persecuted. Pray for the sick. We must rise up and pray. Many people are going through very difficult times and need our prayers. When we commit to praying for others, let us do it and bear each other’s burdens. Pray as if the problem is yours. Pray with all your heart.
- Prayer works.
- Give it to Jesus. Period.
Click here for prayers. If you are going through a difficult time, I pray in the name of Jesus for a sudden rescue for you.